The Smart Option Student Loan®
is an ideal solution for families that have a gap when it comes to funding their student’s education. The Smart Option Student Loan helps students save money, pay off their student loan faster, and build credit.
Please call our toll free number (866) 530-9504
for more information on the Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan. You can also check out this informative video
to learn more about covering the cost of college.
- Competitive interest rates
- Borrow up to 100% of school certified education costs (minimum $1,000)
- Multiple in-school repayment options available
- Borrower benefits available – like rewards and interest rate reductions
- Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
- Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify and/or receive a lower rate
- Get a quick credit result by applying online. It only takes about 15 minutes to apply.
- 24/7 online account management
- No origination fees or prepayment penalty
The Smart Option Student Loan features three repayment options and competitive interest rates to fit any budget. You can choose from the following repayment options:
Pay more. Save more.
Interest Repayment Option
- Pay interest while in school and for six months after school. The in-school payments, plus our shorter repayment term, can help you save over 20% on the total loan cost compared with our Deferred Repayment Option.1
Pay a little now. Save a lot later.
Fixed Repayment Option
- Make a low, fixed monthly payment while in school and for six months after school. The in-school payments, plus our shorter repayment term, can help you save over 10% on the total loan cost compared with our Deferred Repayment Option.1
Get more flexibility.
Deferred Repayment Option
- Defer payments until after school, or pay as much as you want while in school, to enjoy the maximum flexibility.2
Are you a high school senior or college freshman who is active in our community? Every year we recognize students for their extraordinary accomplishments in the community through our Desert Schools Community Service Scholarship. Click to learn more.
1 Savings based on typical loan to a freshman borrower attending a degree-granting institiution. Interest rates on loans with the Fixed and Deferred Repayment Options are higher than rates on loans with the Interest Repayment Option.
2 The Deferred Repayment Option is only available for degree-granting institutions. Unpaid interest will capitalize when the loan enters principal and interest repayment.